Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 4


I missed the time to write in my journal. Lady Fiona had a horrible fever and I had to help care for her. Even right now she is still ill and confined to her room.

“She usually falls ill around this time of year.” Lord Wakeshaw told me. “There’s still so much I didn’t tell you.”

I frowned at him and massaged my temples. He followed me as picked up a tray to carry food up to Fiona’s room. She still needed to eat to help regain her health.

When we entered the room, Fiona sat up against the pillows, pale from her illness. She made a pained noise as she looked at us.

“I hate everything!” she snapped before a fit of coughs shook her slender frame. Unfortunately I had the misfortune of meeting her other personality, by the name of Nia. Nia is frail and sickly, but she’s a cranky…well I hate to use this word…bitch.

“I’m dying of hunger.” Nia snapped.

Lord Wakeshaw put his palm on his sister’s forehead.

“I’m happy your fever is gone.”

“I want to eat. And I’m cranky. Go away.”

I took the tray over to her bed and put it over her lap.

She picked up the spoon and began to eat while going at the both of us.

“Get out! I don’t need you watching me while I am eating!”

So we left her in silence. Hannah called out to Nathaniel so he left me to go and tend to tend to her. I returned to my quarters and stared at the bloodstained journal.  I decided contacting Heaven would be a good idea.

I leaned back on my chair. I lowered my arm and a white feather dropped into my hand.

I lifted the feather to my face and touched it to my lips, speaking a few sacred words.


“Heaven, hear me, for I am in need.”
The room lit up and I looked around at my surroundings.

“What do you need?” a voice said. The room turned completely white and I was no longer in my room at Wakeshaw Manor. I sat in a chair in the Inner Sanctum.

“I have a question involving my mission.” I said.

“Ah, Razentel…you have a difficult task. The Wakeshaws carry a terrible curse.”

“I have discovered this on my own. What must I do to help them?”

“I cannot tell you.”

“What of the bloodstained journal?”

“That is one of many cursed items belonging to the ancestor of the Wakeshaw family. Find the others for a better understanding.”

I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was sitting back in my own room. The silence unnerved me as I sat there, lost in thought.

“Nia, stop it!” a voice yelled. It was Lady Hannah’s voice.

I ran out of my room and back upstairs to the main floor of the manor. Nia held a bloody knife in her left hand. Blood splatters covered her white nightgown. I stared at her in horror. What was going on here?

Nathaniel clutched his right arm. Blood dripped from his fingers. Hannah stood beside him, trying to stop the blood. I hurried over to him and touched his arm. I healed him. I turned to Nia, and she kept smiling, but her attention was directed on Nathaniel.

“You are a failure, big brother! People hate you! I hate you! You need to die!” she screamed.

“Elijah, stop her!” Hannah cried.

I walked over to the crazed girl and put my hand on her forehead. Her fever returned in full force. Her skin burned against my palm.

I pulled the knife right out of her hand and put an arm around her waist. “Calm yourself, Nia.” I said. She struggled. “You are not well.”

“Unhand me! Let me go!”

“I put my free hand over her eyes. She went limp in my arms. I picked her up and took her back to her room. Hannah came with me. She changed Nia’s clothes and put her back in bed.  I quickly learned that Fiona’s other personality, Nia, had violent tendencies. I wanted to know why she held hate for her brother. When I got one answer, more questions decided to follow. I knew that this family might be the biggest challenge I’d ever had.

I will start investigating soon. If I can’t find the information here, I will find it elsewhere.

I walked through the halls, passing by Ashton’s room. The door was open, and the youth stared at me.

“Nia hates him.” He said.

“Why?” I asked.

“It’s his fault our grandparents are dead.” Ashton told me. Then he closed his door. That wasn’t helpful. As I continued with my walk through the halls, I was lost in thought. My feet carried me to a large family portrait.

The portrait had the Wakeshaws proudly dressed in their best clothing. The man and woman standing behind them had their faces darkened. I could not see them. Looking at this portrait sent a chill up my spine.

It is time for me to get to the bottom of this family’s history. I shall begin by finding out what happened to Lord Wakeshaw’s parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment