Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 5 - Part 1


Today after I made sure the family had their needs met, I left the manor to take a trip into the city of Karzendale. The city sounded loud and full of life.

Car horns blared at each other, and train whistles drowned out the hushed chatter of the people around me. I bumped into an older gentleman and uttered a humble apology.

“Sorry sir. I didn’t see you.” I told him. He only smiled at me.

“Ah, don’t worry, Lad!” he told me. “Somethin’ got you worried?” he asked.

“Well..  I’m worried about the Wakeshaw family…” I began.

His face went pale when I happened to mention the Wakeshaws. Then he quickly walked away from me. These people didn’t give easy information.

I walked over to a nearby pub. I knew there was a chance I could over hear something that might be helpful. People talk about everything in pubs.

“Well, at least it isn’t like those Wakeshaws…”

I turned my head, trying to understand more, but people kept moving. I didn’t focus my hearing. I got frustrated and decided to leave.  Luck was not on my side today.

‘I’m looking in the wrong place.’ I thought.

I took to walking through the city streets until I came across an old cathedral. I climbed up the stairs and entered the old hallowed building.

Inside, there was a sense of sacred space. Churches and cathedrals are the few places remind me of Heaven. I looked to the front of the sanctuary and saw the priest kneeling at the altar. I went up to him and waited.
 “So, you have arrived.” the priest muttered. “You have questions, do you not?” He stood up and turned to look at me.

“I am Father Ashgale. You are here to ask about the Wakeshaw family, correct?”


“Yes, I am.”

“We can talk in my office.” he told me.

I followed him to his office. Father Ashgale took a seat and motioned for me to do the same. I didn’t want sit with him. I felt weird in his presence and I couldn’t figure out why. I looked at him. He had long white hair and wore clothing typical of a priest.

“What happened to Nathaniel’s parents?” I asked.

“Edgar Wakeshaw summoned a demon to gain wealth and power before the births of his children. All of his children belong to that demon.” Father Ashgale told me.

I should have known demons were involved in this mess. That explained the bleeding journal. I took the item out of my jacket and tossed it on the desk before him.

Father Ashgale stood up and glared at me. “That is a cursed item!” he exclaimed.

“I understand. You don’t need to tell me.” I began. “Why are they stuck with a curse?”

“Nathaniel made a deal with the demon his father summoned. He had to sacrifice his parents and ended up landing a curse on himself and his siblings.” the priest explained.

Things began to click into place in my mind. “So, the curse will affect any members born into the Wakeshaw family?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“How can you tell me all this?” I asked him. A nervous shiver went through me.

“Because…” he paused, “I am the demon who cursed them. “Nice to meet you again, Razentel.” His eyes began to glow red. I backed away from him. “I’m sure you remember me.”

I hate him. He tucked his hair behind one of his ears.

“Oh Razentel, I’ve waited so long for you, my little pet.”

“Kyrenthiel..” I said, my heart sinking. I never forgo this man. I pushed him aside, hoping I would never cross paths with him again. I wanted to flee from his sight. Just when I thought the past was gone, it returned. Well, I have much explaining to do…


No comments:

Post a Comment