Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 5 - Part 2


“Kyrenthel, I had no idea-”

“Really now, Razentel? You thought that seal would contain me forever? A foolish mortal decided to break it. And I decided to curse his progeny. It all works out for me in the end. And I get you as a bonus.”

I regret the day I was foolish enough to trust a demon. All my peers and teachers warned me about their lies and their tricks. I did not believe them. I met him. He was wounded, and I got him to safety and tended to his wounds. Eventually he came to and I was able to talk to him.

I couldn’t believe what happened next. He had sex with me. And I enjoyed it. I thought I could not get back into Heaven.  

“Why are you acting as a priest?” I asked him. “It isn’t a role fitting of you!”

“How do you know what is fitting and what is not fitting, Razentel?” he asked.

“I…”

“You don’t. You’re just another naïve little angel who doesn’t know anything. That’s why I like you. Soon you will be on my side of the fence.”

I shook my head at him. “No. I will not join you.”
 “Everyone understands demons like me are simply angels who stopped giving a fuck about humanity… I’ll make you see why.”

He walked over to me and grasped my chin in his hand and stared into my eyes.

“I pulled a few strings to get you down here. I still have buddies in heaven…no, puppets. I use them to manipulate things in my favor.” Then he started laughing. “I’m here to trap you.”

“What about the Wakeshaws?”

“I. Own. Them.” he said with a smile. “There’s nothing they can do escape me.”

“You’re terrible.”

“Ah! Of course! And you my dear little angel, will join me!”

I managed to remove myself from his grasp and turned to leave the room. “I’ll be watching you!” he called out. He did not try to stop me. Did Heaven really forsake me? Did this demon really think I belonged to him?

I began to realize I had no allies in this struggle. I had been placed into a trap. Why did I wish to seek the truth? I should have left everything alone.

I was almost out of the church when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“You forgot this.” he thrust that old journal into my hands. “Now, go home, your family waits.”

I didn’t say anything else to him. I left and pushed him out of my mind. My heart pounded and I wondered what I could do.  

Am I really stuck here? Will I ever be able to return to heaven?

When I returned to Wakeshaw manor, the other servants had finished with dinner service and I found the manor to be quiet. I walked through the halls, checking them.

I walked past the door of Lord Wakeshaw’s office, to hear a hushed conversation.

“Lian, I am the one to blame.”

“Things will get better, brother… I’ll help you.”

“Come here…”

I peeked through the cracked door to find Nathaniel, no…Nathan, engaged with someone. A male youth straddled his lap and they were locked in an embrace.

“It will be fine, I’m here.”

It took several moments for me to get the hint. Was that Nathaniel’s brother? The one I have yet to meet? Things in this house are strange. I walked away from the door and went to my own quarters. I plopped face down on my bed, tired.

“What can I do?”

Nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment